From Tracy Dunn:
A reminder to all about the village bake off.
Rob is already on the case and eager to taste and judge your productions. In particular, Rob is lusting for your Wiltshire Lardy cake! which will be this years technical challenge.
Certificates will be awarded for the best entry in each category:
- lardy cake
- fruit cake
- Victoria sponge
- sausage roll or a quiche
- loaf of bread
- home made alcoholic drink
- jar of jam, jelly or chutney
- cup cake-adult and children’s classes
with prizes for the following:
- Best signature savoury (any savoury entry)
- Best technical challenge (Wiltshire Lardy Cake)
- Best sweet showstopper (any sweet entry)
- Best child’s entry
- The punter’s prize awarded by those visiting the tent on the day. 50p per vote
Because of Rob’s many commitments on the day, entries need to be brought to the Bake Off tent by 12 midday. Winning entries will be displayed in the tent when the fete opens at 1pm and all entries will be for sale in boxes to take home from 2.30.