From Nicky Minter:
VILLAGE DAY *UPDATE* – @ PLAYING FIELD
SUNDAY 22ND July 1-4pm
• Bring Picnics/Rugs/Gazebos (if you have one for the weather – roasting or raining!)
• Well-behaved dogs permitted as long as all dog-mess cleared up and they are kept on leads during the sports
• Tea Tent – all funds raised for St James’s Church (serving teas and cakes – please email George firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know if you can donate a cake on the day)
• Beer and Pimm’s Tent – the Club is raising funds for a community village bench/seating for the lower village
• Tombola – all funds raised for the Village Hall (please donate any items to Angela email@example.com)
• Various Sports Activities and the renowned Village Tug-of-War
EVENING EVENT – @ LONGS ARMS PUB
• 7pm onwards
• 7.30pm Judging of Masterchef Competition
• 8pm Food
• 9pm Live Music (donation hat will circulate)
ITALIAN MASTERCHEF COMPETITION:-
In order to have a non-ticketed and cheaper event we hope you would like to enter a Masterchef competition as a great way to provide food for the night and for some competitive cooking fun!
If you would like to take part please send a quick message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your chosen entry from the categories below (this is important so we know what is covered and whether we have enough food):-
• Vegetarian Lasagne
• A speciality pasta dish
• Pizza of your choice
• Lemon Tart
Rob has kindly offered to be the Judge!
Please bring your dish to the pub by 7.15pm (hot if a main course).
You are also more than welcome to bring a dish and NOT enter the competition.
As we don’t have a fete this year, the evening event is aimed to be a fun and informal get-together for the village. Please do come along if you are around – All Welcome! If you know you are going to attend could you send a message to email@example.com with potential numbers, so we have an rough idea for the catering.
Many thanks and hope to see you there!!